Current Students

New students

Further information


Looking for help?

Campus card

Apply now to live on campus

UWA Central Phone Number

(+61 8) 6488 6000

Call Prefixes

International (+61 8)
Interstate (08)


The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley WA 6009
Perth, Australia



Welcome to the UWA community - our programs and services will help you settle in to your course and life at University.

UniStart website and your orientation

The UniStart website is your key to starting university. This is where you can:

  • respond your offer
  • find out about your enrolment
  • sort out your unit timetable, enrolment and Class Allocation System (CAS)
  • get your Orientation (O-Week) schedule
  • sign up for transition programs designed to support you in your first year
  • Connect with other students and the surrounding Perth area through social activities and excursions

Visit the UniStart Website

 Student Orientation, Support and Engagement

The Transition Services team provides support for undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students throughout their studies at UWA. Support is offered through one on one consultations, referrals to a UniMentor and connecting to other university supports and services.

In Student Services, the Student Transition Advisers and the Manager, Transition Services work within a dedicated team of people who know about transition and understand the issues you may face as a new student at UWA.

Postgraduate coursework support

UWA offers a range of services to all postgraduate coursework students to help you settle in and have a great start to your university experience.

Postgraduate coursework students can contact one of the Student Transition Advisers who understand the issues you may face as a new student and can link you to a range of services and support to help you connect to the UWA community.

As a postgraduate coursework student you can be connected to a Postgraduate Unimentor, who can provide support during your transition to UWA and postgraduate studies.

International support

Our International Student Adviser is available to assist you with any concerns you have whilst you are studying at UWA, such as

  • settling in and adjusting to student life
  • finding the right services and supports that you may need
  • answering questions about your student Visa
  • assisting you with any issues regarding your studies or academic progress

You can contact us via email or make an appointment to sit down and talk with the Adviser in person.

The UniMentor program introduces new to Perth and new international students to other students studying at the university prior to them leaving their home country or state. We also help you connect to services and supports and assist you to settle into your studies.


The UniMentor program provides comprehensive transition support to commencing international and domestic students by matching them with a UniMentor prior to their arrival at UWA and engaging them through social activities and excursions.

Advice on how to settle into UWA can be most useful when it comes from those who are already studying here. That's why UniMentor connects all commencing undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students with mentors who have studied and experienced life at uni.

UniMentor is not exclusive to commencing students, even if you have started your course but are feeling unsettled, you can still be connected with a mentor.

Students say... "Fantastic experience, made coming to uni so much easier"


UWAConnect encompasses the first six weeks of the semester, theming each week to ensure that students have a greater awareness of the many services and opportunities available to them on campus. UWAConnect offers a number of events where you can join activities with other new and current students and find answers to those questions that you may have been afraid to ask.

Academic transition

All students enrolled in one of the University's new three-year undergraduate degree courses are allocated to a student advising office based in one of the faculties. Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours) are advised by the Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours) Coordinator. Students are advised of their student advising office after they have enrolled and can check these details through studentConnect.

STUDYSmarter support for student learning

If you want to get the most out of your studies at UWA, check out the range of free online and face-to-face STUDYSmarter services. STUDYSmarter assists all students to develop their capacity as successful independent learners. Students are supported in developing academic communication, research, critical analysis, numeracy and study skills, and in transferring these skills within and beyond their areas of study.

Supports for new students

Find out about the University services that are free for all students – we offer financial aid, security, appeals procedures, and more.