Undergraduate Psychology students need to register for laboratories and tutorials online.
All lab and tutorial enrolments for first, second and third year Psychology units must be made through the University's Class Allocation System (CAS).
The School of Psychology is not directly involved in the administration of CAS. You should consult the CAS web site for any updates regarding the schedule of events and for help sources in the event of technical difficulties.
After Hours Classes
Where possible, after hour laboratory and tutorial classes will be available for 1st - 3rd year units, after 4pm, on selected weekdays. The actual time and day will be available on CAS closer to the start of the semester.
Class Allocation System Help
If the Class Allocation System (CAS) does not allocate you to a tutorial or lab class, or allocates you to a class that is not suitable, please follow these instructions:
1. Log in to CAS and add/move yourself to a suitable group with available seats.
- Please try to do this prior to the end of Week 1 of Semester.
- Please note: you will be able to make changes on CAS until the end of Week 2 of Semester.
2. If there are no suitable spaces available in CAS, request a swap to a full class on CAS
- If no suitable free classes are available in CAS, you can click the swap request button (♡) next to a full class.
- Please note: you must be allocated to a class before you can request a swap on CAS.
- Once submitted your swap will either be approved or pending.
- If it is approved - a matching request was found on the system and your swap has been processed.
- If it is pending – your swap will be processed if a place becomes available in that class.
3. If by Week 2 of Semester you have not been able to find a suitable tutorial/lab you can apply to swap.
- Complete the School's "Application for Change of CAS Group Allocation" form and contact the unit coordinator to seek approval to swap classes.
- We will accept forms from Friday of Week 2 of Semester. All applications should be sent to [email protected]. Please include:
- Application for Change of CAS Group Allocation form.
- Supporting evidence - including a screen shot showing that you have tried requesting a swap on CAS.
- The approval from your unit coordinator.
- An email will be sent once changes have been made asking students to check their allocations in CAS. Please note:
- We are limited in the changes we can make (based on capacity), and will therefore not be able to accommodate all requests, so we encourage students to continue to attempt to change themselves on CAS.
- Please note, if you have submitted a form requesting a change and then manage to change yourself, we ask that you contact us immediately to withdraw your request.
- You must attend the class that you were allocated until you have been able to officially swap on CAS.
4. If you enrol after Week 2 please follow the procedure outlined in Step 3.