- The prize is awarded in memory of George Vose.
The Vose Memorial Prize is one of the School’s most prestigious prizes. During its long association with the Conservatorium of Music it has been awarded to some of our most outstanding alumni.
The prize is open to all UWA undergraduate music performance students for the best public performance of prescribed works.
Vose Competition Entry Rules
Competitors must undertake the following:
- Competitors MUST read both the specific conditions, and the general conditions governing this prize before an entry is submitted. If you do not meet the conditions and you enter the competition, you may be disqualified from receiving the prize.
- Competitors must have teacher approval.
- Before entering the competition, it is the responsibility of the competitors to work with their teacher to select music that is appropriate.
- The competitor must ensure that parts are able to be sourced easily and are not cost prohibitive.
- Due to the short time frame between auditions and the commencement of rehearsals, competitors must select a concerto which is readily available. This is non negotiable.
- Competitor's concerto entry must be the 1st movement of your chosen concerto in its entirety (with cadenza) or appropriate vocal work with orchestral accompaniment, for example, an operatic aria.
- A time limit of 10 - 15 minutes is preferred.
- When choosing their repertoire, competitors should consider its appropriateness for the finals concert, as listed below.
- Competitors need to provide information to the Concerts Coordinator of the location and any associated costs of hire/loan as soon as entering the finals.
Vose Entry Form
Entry forms must be in by Friday 27 July 2018.
Please submit to the Music office (either by hand or email).
Competition - first stage
- Wednesday 1 August 2018
- Callaway Music Auditorium
Main Stage | Culmination
- Friday 19 October 2018
- Perth Concert Hall
Finalists will rehearse their concerto with the UWA Orchestra** and perform the first movement as part of the Main Stage | Culmination concert.
The Conservatorium of Music can disqualify a participant from the finals on grounds of practicality related to the selected work and ineligibility in relation to the prize conditions.
**To be provided when available.