Related services & projects
There are many services available on campus and in the community to support your mental health.
If you are having a difficult time or you are worried about a friend or family member contact one of the services below.
UWA on-campus services
Immediate telephone and online support
- Lifeline: mental health support via telephone or online chat, telephone 13 11 14
- Mental Health Emergency Response Line: for mental health emergency services 24 hours a day, telephone 1300 555 788
- Suicide Call Back Service: free telephone counselling if you are feeling suicidal, know someone who is suicidal or have lost someone to suicide, telephone 1300 659 467
- Headspace: online information and mental health support aimed at those under 25 years
- Kids Helpline: 24/7 phone and online counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25, telephone 1800 551 800
- Beyondblue: information, advice and support for those experiencing depression or anxiety, telephone 1300 224 636
- QLife: counselling and referral service for people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and/or intersex (LGBTI), telephone 3pm - midnight 1800 184 527
- Mensline: telephone and online counselling service for men with family and relationship concerns, telephone 1300 789 978
- Alcohol and other drugs Support Line: 24/7 telephone counselling, information and referral service for anyone seeking help for their own or another person’s alcohol or drug use, telephone (08) 9442 5000
- Butterfly Foundation: counselling for people experiencing eating disorders and their carers, telephone 1800 334 673