Current Students

Fee payments: Domestic

Further information

Undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students must pay their tuition fees and UWA Student Services and Amenities Fee by the due date to avoid cancellation of their enrolment.

The procedure below applies to tuition fees not covered by FEE-HELP or HECS-HELP that allow you to defer payment through the taxation system. 

Payments will be credited to the oldest debt or charge listed on your electronic Statement of Account (eSOA). Only after outstanding fees have been paid will the balance of your payment be credited against your course fees.

  1. How to pay tuition fees and the UWA Student Services and Amenities Fee
  2. Change of enrolment
  3. Late payments
  4. Census date
  5. Refunds
  6. Non-payment
  7. Receipts

How to pay tuition fees and the UWA Student Services and Amenities Fee

Online through studentConnect

Log into studentConnect and pay by MasterCard or Visa or Western Union (foreign credit card or bank transfers) through the secure University Student Fee Payment Portal by viewing your individual statement of account or outstanding balance.

In person

Present your electronic Statement of Account (eSOA) intact at any Australia Post agency to pay by cash, EFTPOS, personal or bank cheque or money order (drawn upon an Australian bank in Australian dollars). Make cheques and money orders payable to 'Australia Post'.

POST Billpay

Pay by POST Billpay or MasterCard or Visa by telephone on 13 18 16 (or from overseas on 61 13 18 16). Quote the bill pay code and reference number from your Statement of Account

Cheque or savings account

Use BPAY or phone banking from your cheque or savings account. You will need to quote the biller code and reference number from your Statement of Account.


Mail your tear-off slip from your Statement of Account with your personal or bank cheque or money order (drawn upon an Australian bank in Australian dollars) payable to 'The University of Western Australia' to:

Cashier, Student Administration (M356)
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley, Perth
Western Australia 6009

Back to top

Change of enrolment

A revised electronic Statement of Account (eSOA) will be issued to you via studentConnect if you change your enrolment after the date of issue of the initial statement and it results in a new fee liability. If there is no change to your fee liability a new electronic Statement of Account (eSOA) will not be issued.

Back to top

Late payments

To avoid a late payment fee of $60, ensure you pay by the due date on your electronic Statement of Account (eSOA). Late fees are payable to the Student Administration cashier.

Back to top

Census date

Your final liability each semester or teaching period is determined by your recorded enrolment as at the census date. In accordance with the legislation your liability will not be altered by withdrawal after the census dateNon-standard teaching periods for domestic courses and offshore courses will have different census dates. Census dates are set in accordance with government legislation and cannot be altered.

If payment or tax file number (TFN) is not provided by the census date your enrolment will be cancelled.

Back to top


Excess payments will be automatically refunded after the census date unless a written request for an earlier refund or transfer to a later teaching period is submitted to the fees officer at Student Administration.

Back to top


If you fail to pay your account in full by the due date, an encumbrance will be applied to your record and you will be liable for payment of a late fee.

Non-payment of the UWA Student Services and Amenities Fee will result in an encumbrance being applied to your record that will prevent you from:

  • viewing your results
  • obtaining documents from Student Administration
  • re-enrolling
  • graduating.

This encumbrance will be lifted when the overdue fees are paid. (Processing of all payments takes three to five working days.)

Your enrolment will be cancelled if you do not pay your course fees by the census date and you are unable to defer payment through the taxation system.

Back to top


You can view and print your receipts of payments on studentConnect.

  1. Click on Received Payments under the finance option in your studentConnect.
  2. Select the PDF icon in the Payment Receipt column.

Bank and credit card payments may take up to three to four working days to be processed.


Example receipt [PDF, 1014.3 KB]
Updated 14 May 2014