Current Students

Non-UWA students

Further information

Students undertaking an award course at another Australian tertiary institution can apply to undertake units cross-institutionally at UWA for credit towards their degree course.

  1. UWA Application
  2. Approval from your Home Institution
  3. Application periods
  4. Confirmation of Enrolment
  5. Fees
  6. Re-enrolment in a cross-institutional unit

UWA Application

To apply to study cross-institutionally at UWA you will need to submit an application online.

As part of an application you will be required to provide the following:

  • Original Academic Transcript/s (from your home institution). A Faculty Record or eRecord is not sufficient.
  • Proof of Citizenship/Residency/Identity (Passport; Birth Certificate or Citizenship Certificate; and Visa notice (if applicable).  Original or full colour scan of the original.
  • Formal approval of your home university.
  • Cross-institutional Unit Selection Form.

Back to top



Application Periods

Complete applications, where all required documentation is provided, must be submitted by the following dates.  No applications will be accepted after the late application period.

  • Summer Session, 2019-20: 11 November 2019 - two weeks before the teaching period commences.
  • Semester 1, 2020:  11 November 2019 – 20 January 2020
  • Semester 2, 2019:  1 May 2020 - 30 June 2020
  • Non-standard teaching periods:  Applications for units taught in non-standard teaching periods will normally be accepted up until 10 university working days prior to the start date of the teaching period.

Late applications will incur a late fee of $100.

Late applications period:

  • Semester 1, 2020: 21 January - 10 February
  • Semester 2, 2020: 1 July - 13 July
Back to top


UWA will determine the student contribution or fee liability which you incur for your UWA units. You must make your student contribution or fee payment to UWA.

International cross-institutional students must pay their tutition fees in full, prior to enrolment.

Back to top

Re-enrolment for cross-institutional students

To re-enrol you must submit a new application.

Throughout your period of cross-institutional study, you must maintain an enrolment at both your Home Institution and UWA.

Back to top