LinkWeek is held in Week 2 of each Semester and provides opportunities for new and current UWA students to ‘link’ back into essential resources and information relating to study and life at University.
LinkWeek is held in Week 2 of Semester because:
- It is the final week for you to add units.
- As a new student you will have completed one week of your full study program (lectures, labs and tutes)
- you may be feeling overwhelmed with the study requirements.
- It provides a safety net to students who have not yet developed links with the university campus, staff and student community.
- Demonstrate a university wide commitment to enhancing the university experience.
- Around the campus
There are a number of activities being organised by Student Support Services, the Guild and Faculty Societies. Student Support Services staff will set up daily between 10:00am and 2:00pm in the Student Central courtyard, offering advice and information to ensure the students are 'linking into their supports and services they need. There's also a chance to collect anything you missed in O-Week.
The LinkWeek schedule is still being finalised for Semester 1, 2017, so check back later to see what exciting events have been added.
- Visit UniStart staff for timetabling advice
- Pick up any materials you missed from O-Week
- Check your O-Week pencil case
- Make sure you have your StudySmarter program calendar for 2017 - get a head start on your semester
- Guild Club Carnival - Oak Lawn - come down and join the various clubs and societies and get engaged with your campus. This is your chance to get connected with the fabulous clubs and societies on campus and get to know your Guild.
- Check out the stall holders in Guild Village - books, jewellery and bric-a brac.
- Still opportunities to get your timetable sorted with the UniStart team, check that you're on track with the Careers team, the Global Learning team can offer with opportunities for students to study overseas.
- The 5 Ways of Wellbeing: Five actions proven to benefit mental wellbeing - Drop in and visit the Health Promotions Unit team from 12pm-2pm in Student Central Courtyard. Learn about the 5 Ways of Wellbeing and enjoy some fun and interactive activities.
- Excursion: Mullaloo Beach & Hillarys Boat Harbour - Join other new students for a fun day at the beach! We'll explore the beautiful Mullaloo Beach, about 4.5 Kilometres from the Perth CBD. The volunteer Royal Surf Life Savers at the Mullaloo Beach Surf Life Saving Club will give you a demonstration on beach safety, paddle boards, basic CPR skills as well as the chance to play beach flags, frisbee or go swimming.From Mullaloo, we'll head to Hillarys Boat Harbour where you can buy some lunch, do some shopping and go for a swim in the calm harbour waters. Also, located at Hillarys is AQWA, Australia's largest aquarium.It only costs $20 and you can pay and register here
Around the campus
Each semester a number of activities are organised for students, both on campus and off campus and continue for a number of weeks. These have been planned to provide students with an opportunity to discover what the campus has to offer.
The various Guild clubs and societies plan a program of events that students can attend. A number of these will be offered in Link Week. A range of social excursions have been organised by the UniStart team including a Quiz Night and excursions. Students can register for as many activities as they like.
Back to top