We want to ensure that all of our students at UWA have the knowledge, skills and confidence to make healthy and informed decisions related to their sexual health so that each experience is a safe and pleasurable one.
This site provides basic information on consent, pregnancy, safer sex, sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and advice on how to maintain optimum sexual health for you and your partner(s).
Find out more about:
- Consent: What is consent? How do you check you have each other's consent before and during sexual activity?
- Having safer sex: how to have fun while protecting yourself and your partner from STIs
- Contraception: find out about ways you can prevent pregnancy including the 'morning after pill'
- Pregnancy: explore the options you have in Australia if you're pregnant and find out about support services
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs): common infections, risks and symptoms
- STI Testing: Why, when, where and how to get tested for STIs including Pap smears
- Sexual violence: coming soon!
- Sexual health support services: where to go for testing, treatment, support or information
Do you have a question?
If you have a question related to sexuality, sexual health or relationships you can ask it confidentially here and a health professional will answer it for you.