Fit for Study Program
The UWA Health Promotion Unit sits within the Medical Centre. The Unit conducts activities, events and activities across several health areas with a focus on alcohol and other drugs, mental health and sexuality, sexual health and relationships.
The team aim to ensure UWA students are Fit For Study while undertaking their selected course at UWA.
Alcohol and other drugs
- Tertiary Alcohol Project (TAP) is designed to reduce risk-taking behaviour associated with excessive alcohol consumption by university students.
- Stress Less aims to raise awareness of issues that cause stress and anxiety among university students, and break the stigma associated with mental health issues.
- Mental Health First Aid training enables you to learn how to recognise and provide support to others who may be experiencing mental health issues.
Sexual Health and Relationships
International Student Health
with the Health Promotion Unit can give you hands-on experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of health promotion projects and programs.
Resources and publications
- The Health Promotion Unit produce a wide range of UWA-specific resources on a variety of health topics including alcohol and other drugs, sexual health and mental health.
- See a full list of recent health promotion evaluation reports under Publications.
Contact us for more information about our resources.