Fit for Study Program
The UWA Health Promotion Unit sits within the Medical Centre. The Unit conducts training, events and activities across several health areas with a focus on alcohol and other drugs, mental health and sexuality, sexual health and relationships.
The team aim to support students to be fit for study and get the most out of their time at UWA.
Alcohol and other drugs
- The Tertiary Alcohol Project (TAP) aims to educate students to make healthy and informed decisions about alcohol and other drugs.
- Stress Less aims to raise awareness of issues that cause stress and anxiety among students and break the stigma associated with mental health issues.
- Mental Health First Aid is provided on campus to up-skill students and staff to recognise and support others who may be experiencing mental health issues.
Sexuality, Sexual Health and Relationships
International Student Health
with the Health Promotion Unit as a peer educator can give you hands-on experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of health promotion projects and programs.
Resources and publications
- The Health Promotion Unit produce a wide range of UWA-specific resources on a variety of health topics including alcohol and other drugs, sexual health and mental health.
- See a full list of recent health promotion evaluation reports under Publications.
Contact us for more information about our resources.