Current Students


Further information

FEE-HELP refund and recredit

HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP are loan schemes that assist eligible students to pay their tuition fees. You can use HELP loans to pay for all, or part, of your tuition fees.

SA-HELP is a loan scheme that assist eligible students to pay their Student Services and Amenities fees for the relevant year.

  1. Eligibility
  2. Obtaining HECS HELP, FEE-HELP or SA-HELP
  3. FEE-HELP limits
  4. Remissions
  5. Change of payment option


To be eligible for HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP and SA-HELP you must be an Australian citizen or the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa. 


HECS-HELP loan applies to students who have a University place that is partly subsidised by the Commonwealth Government. Students can obtain a HECS-HELP loan for their tuition fees.


FEE-HELP loan applies to students paying full fees.

Eligible domestic undergraduate and postgraduate students can borrow part or all of their tuition fees through FEE-HELP. A loan fee of 25 per cent on the amount borrowed applies to loans for undergraduate studies. No loan fee applies to loans for postgraduate studies


Students who are Australian citizens or permanent humanitarian visa holders resident in Australia enrolled in a course of study or bridging course for overseas-trained professionals are eligible for SA-HELP loan scheme.

Back to top


HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP and SA-HELP loans are repaid through the Australian taxation system. You must complete and submit an online request for HELP loans on studentConnect and provide your tax file number by the census date.

Further HELP loan information is available for undergraduates and postgraduates from the Study Assist website.

Back to top

FEE-HELP limits

From 1 January 2015, you can borrow up to $97,728. Exceptions are Medicine, Veterinary Science and Dentistry, for which the HELP limit is $122,162.

2014 Limits are available on the Study Assist website.

Back to top


You can apply for a remission of paid tuition fees and re-credit of HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP balance if you withdraw from your studies after the census date and meet the requirement for special circumstances.  

Back to top

Change of payment option

If you want to change your payment option, you must complete a new request for Commonwealth Assistance HECS-HELP form, before the census date of the semester.

These forms are completed via your studentConnect under the option eCAF. Once you complete this form online, your student record will be automatically updated.

 If you wish to opt out of FEE-HELP or SA-HELP please send an email from your student email account using the "Email Us" tab on AskUWA, notifying the Fee's team of the date you wish to opt out of the  loan scheme.

Back to top