The Summer Session Teaching Period commences early January and finishes late February each year.
Summer Session units are available to UWA students, Non-UWA students enrolled at other Universities and the general public.
Summer Session dates (including the last date to add a unit) are published on the Teaching Periods, Census and Withdrawal Dates webpage.
The list of unit offerings for the 2017 Summer Session (including full unit details) is published on the University Handbook.
Please note: unit offerings are subject to minimum enrolments and may change without notice.
- UWA Students: Enrol via studentConnect during the Online Enrolment or Re-enrolment periods for 2017. Remember you will be able to Change your Enrolment within the deadlines.
- Non UWA Students: Enrolled at another Australian University can submit an Application for Cross-institutional Enrolment at UWA. For full details and to download an Application Form please visit the Cross-institutional Enrolment webpage.
- General Public: Enrol through AccessUWA.
Adding a late unit
In exceptional circumstances, and only with the formal approval of your Faculty, you may be permitted to add a unit after the last date to add a unit.
UWA Students must:
- Ask the Unit Co-ordinator and your Faculty Student Adviser to sign a Special Approval Form.
- Submit the signed Special Approval Form to Student Administration at Student Central and pay the $50 Late Addition of a Unit Fee to obtain a Change of Enrolment Form.
- Submit your Change of Enrolment form (with the Special Approval Form attached) to Student Administration, Student Central.
Non UWA Students: may be able to submit a late Cross-institutional Enrolment or AccessUWA application, subject to a late Fee and Faculty approval.
- UWA students: Domestic Commonwealth-Supported, Fee-Paying Postgraduates and International Fee-Paying students are required to pay student contribution amounts or Tuition Fees. Further information is available on our Fees website.
- Non-UWA students: Are required to pay the relevant Commonwealth-Supported contribution amounts or Tuition Fees to UWA through their Cross-institutional Enrolment.
- General Public: Pay fees through AccessUWA.