Current Students

UWA students

Further information

Current UWA students who wish to study relevant units at another Australian institution (including an offshore campus) can apply to enrol cross-institutionally.

If your application is approved by both institutions, upon successful completion you will be granted credit for these units towards your award course at UWA.

Application with UWA

To apply for permission to undertake cross-institutional study, you must submit the unit or course outline to the relevant faculty along with the Cross-institutional Enrolment Approval for UWA Students Form. You can download the form below or collect it from Student Administration.

Application periods

  • Semester One:  14 November 2016 - 11 March 2017
  • Semester Two:  14 November 2016 - 12 August 2017

Enrolment at UWA

Once your cross-institutional study is approved, you will then need to request a Change of Enrolment form from Student Administration in order to add your cross-institutional units to your UWA enrolment.

Remember, cross-insitutional units cannot be added online.

Application with the other institution

Once permission has been granted by UWA, you can apply to the host institution for cross-institutional study. Leave plenty of time to deal with administration at both universities and check the closing date for your application at the host university. It is your responsibility to maintain an enrolment at both UWA and the host institution.


The host institution determines your student contribution or fee liability for the cross-institutional units you are taking with it. You pay the institution where you are undertaking the units.

International students

You may be able to undertake cross-institutional study at another Australian institution. You should clarify with the destination institution that they accept international cross-institutional students and the fees involved. Contact UWA's Student Administration for details.

It is your responsibility to provide your UWA faculty advisers or Student Administration with a formal academic transcript so the units you have completed can be credited towards your award course.