Current Students

Campus cards

All students enrolled at UWA are required to obtain a campus card (also known as a student card) to access a variety of services on campus as well as being your official form of UWA identification.

One female and two male students studying on grass

What is my Campus card used for?

  • proof of identity during your examinations
  • electronic access to buildings (including after hours)
  • identification on UWA premises
  • library borrowing and electronic database access
  • storing cash value for copying and printing payments

How do I get my UWA Campus Card? It's easy......with CaptureMe!

CaptureMe is the online portal that allows students to take control of the photo that will be printed on their UWA campus card!

As long as you've activated your Pheme account and enrolled into your first year of units via studentConnect you'll be able to log into CaptureMe and send us a selfie for your campus card!

Make sure that you have also logged into your UWA student email account as this is where your notifications from CaptureMe will go!

There are a few guidelines you'll need to follow to ensure we approve your photo, and CaptureMe will let you know when your photo has been submitted and if it's been approved or rejected by the Student Admin team.

When we send you an approval to your UWA student email account, we'll also let you know when you'll be able to come and collect your card (this may be at different times and locations during the peak periods).

We do require a form of Proof of Citizenship when you collect your card, so please remember to bring a Passport, Birth Certificate, Birth Certificate Extract, or Citizenship Certificate. No other forms of ID can be accepted.

Students living outside of Perth and/or studying at one of our regional or offshore campuses can also use CaptureMe to upload their photo for their campus card, and your UWA representative will then advise you on collection of this card. Proof of identity documents may still be requested.

There are also some conditions of use associated with your campus card, so please ensure that you review these prior to obtaining your card.

Please note: If you require a replacement card (your first card was lost or stolen) you won't be able to use CaptureMe, instead you'll need to drop by Student Administration to have your card re-printed, or allow our friendly staff to take a new photo for you. A replacement student card costs $15. Please ensure that you also report your card as lost or stolen as well.

Logon to CaptureMe today to get started!

 Transperth SmartRider

If you are enrolled full time at UWA, then you are eligible for a student concession Transperth SmartRider.

You will need your UWA campus card with a full time enrolment sticker for the current year) these can be obtained from Student Administration) and then you can purchase your Smartrider from Campus News and Gifts (located in the UWA Guild Village) or any authorised Smartrider outlet.

  • Please note: students enrolments status is reported to Transperth nightly so ensure that you register your SmartRider on studentConnect as soon as you get it!
  • New students, your concession rate may not activate until the first week of classes in your first semester.

Oral Health Centre of Western Australia (OHCWA) students

OHCWA TAFE and Curtin students apply for a card during their enrolment at OHCWA.

Remote application [PDF, 38.3 KB]
Updated 19 Jan 2017